The Selection Procedure for the Education Project Announced
From Wednesday, 29 April 2009, students may send their applications to the Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE 97 for a financial support to study abroad. At its meeting of 28 April 2009, the Board of the Education Programme officially announced the selection procedure and decided that 12 June 2009 would be the date of the procedure termination. The Board also discussed the conditions of the selection procedure, and slightly modified them.
Applicants have to fill in an application form (downloadable below) and produce all documents listed in the conditions of the procedure. The VIZE 97 Foundation only grants scholarships to university students who are Czech citizens.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Download the form here.
Conditions for the participation in the scholarship selection process in 2009/2010:
- At the time of the submission of the application, the applicant must have completed studies at an extent of at least 6 semesters, have completed a bachelor’s course at a Czech university or have completed a 6-year course at a conservatoire
- At the time of the submission of the application, the applicant must have met the entrance conditions of the accepting university
- The applicant will demonstrate his or her ability to meet part of the costs of studying abroad from other sources
- Applicants applying for support in the case of studies which last at least 1 semester and which must be part of the accredited curriculum of the accepting university will have preference
- Applicants applying to study abroad for the first time will have preference
- The programme is not designed for applicants who have received financial support from the Erasmus (Tempus), Leonardo, Socrates and PHARE programmes, from university agreements and so on
The application enclosures
- Recommendations from two expert guarantors (experts of the respective university or in the respective specialisation, who are familiar with applicant’s academic and specialist orientation), where the guarantors will express their opinions on the study trip, on the applicant, and on applicant’s compliance with the existing study obligations.
- A document from the accepting university substantiating the fact that the applicant has met said university’s entrance conditions
- A language qualification document (for example, a TOEFL certificate, a state examination certificate in the given language, etc.)
- potvrConfirmation of the securing of part of the costs for studying abroad from other sources
- A curriculum vitae in Czech with a maximum size of 1 A4 page
- An essay with a motivation letter as to why the student wishes to study the given specialisation at the given university; what benefits the applicant expects from the study trip; how the applicant is going to use the acquired knowledge in the Czech Republic etc. This should be written in Czech, with the maximum length of 1 page of A4 format.
- Confirmation of the amount of earnings of the applicants’ parents or the applicant’s own earnings (employer, Inland Revenue Department, the Czech Social Security Administration, etc.)
- Proof of the existing studies (Studies Report)
Send all applications by 12th June 2009.
Incomplete applications or any applications which do not fulfil the conditions for inclusion in the selection proceedings will not be included in the selection proceedings. There is no legal entitlement to the provision of the scholarship. The Education Programme Board decides on the provision of the scholarships in cooperation with the Board of Trustees of Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE 97.