- Hrádeček, Czech Republic – a heart-shaped stone removed from the bed of the Vltava River was placed in the orchard near the cottage where Václav Havel liked to relax and work.
- Israel – tributes were paid to Václav Havel at a special sitting of the Knesset.
- Jablonec nad Nisou, Czech Republic – a lime tree was planted in the new forest park in honour of the late President.
- Louny, Czech Republic – honorary citizenship was awarded to Václav Havel.
- New York, USA – a memorial evening was held at the Lincoln Center.
- New York, USA–Václav Havel was admitted as Honorary Member of the Order of Alexander the Great, which promotes science and the arts.
- Prague, Czech Republic – a picture by Václav Havel: “White Horse in Space” was auctioned on the occasion of the Trebbia awards.
- Prague, Czech Republic – a plaque to commemorate Václav Havel was installed by the Woodrow Wilson monument at Prague’s Main Station.
- Prague, Czech Republic – a plaque commemorating Václav Havel was unveiled at the Theatre on the Balustrade.
- Prague, Czech Republic – a conference was devoted to Václav Havel at the Institute of Contemporary History of the Czech Academy of Science.
- Prague, Czech Republic –Václav Havel’s legacy was recalled at the international conference organised by the Association of Czech Seniors and the European Union of Seniors.
- Kyjov – a talk entitled “Tribute to Václav Havel” was given at the local parish church.
- USA – a resolution was passed by the House of Representatives of the US Congress mourning the loss of Vaclav Havel, offering condolences to the Havel family and the people of the Czech
Republic and recognising Vaclav Havel’s courage and commitment to democratic values in the face of communist repression.
- USA – an honorary degree was awarded to Václav Havel by Case Western Reserve University in the state of Ohio.
- Židlochovice u Brna – lime trees were planted in memory of Václav Havel.
- Budapest – Václav Havel declared honorary citizen of the city of Budapest.
- Prague – exhibition of busts of Václav Havel created for a competition organised by the Czech Sculptors’ Association: 34 works submitted by 27 sculptors
- Bory, Plzeň – the steel commemorative plaque was installed on the wall of the Plzen-Bory prison building. The plaque says that Havel was imprisoned there between 1981 and 1983.